- Don’t sit around all day obsessing about whether you are going today or not.
- Commit to the training. Make a schedule and stick to it, just walk through the door. This is the hardest part, the rest is easy.
- Getting scared or worrying is not a good long term approach.
- Do not obsess about your score or the result.
- Be aware of your physical condition. Pull back if you are tired or injured.
Game Time (WOD)
- Stay calm and work hard.
- Do every rep correctly and count each one. Be very methodical about this. (Chin over the bar, not to the bar and 50 means 50 perfect reps)
- Every day is going to be different. Work with what you have that day. You may finish first today and last tomorrow.
- Honor yourself, your teammates, and your competitors. Give them your best so that they might find theirs. Remember, iron sharpens iron as one man/woman sharpens another.
- Cheating dishonors you and everyone involved with you. If you cheat in the gym, you will cheat in life.
Post Game (post WOD)
- Shoot the bull with all your friends.
- Write your score on the board (we are like pack animals and we like to know where we rank).
- No one cares what you got, everyone cares if you cheated.
- Hard work earns not only results, but respect.
- Go home and eat some quality food and start all over tomorrow with a new challenge.